This area was first homesteaded by Nellie Marshall a seamstress and artist sometime after her arrival in Visalia in September 1881 where she emigrated from Cordova, Illinois. Cedar Slope is just under the 6000 foot elevation marker on Highway 190 in the Sountern Sierra Nevada Mountain Range. The land (80 acres of the original homestead) was purchased and developed by Les & Ruth Bailey and Fred & Hazelyn Hopkins in 1945. Tulare County approved it as Tract 119 on July 15, 1947 and the first cabins were built that year. In 1953 Les Bailey built a store on the Highway, he left the store open when he was away and expected people to leave the money on the counter for what they took, ahhh those were the days. At the bottom of the subdivision is access to the Tule River and some great fishing spots. This area is heavily wooded and the summer temperatures are much cooler than the Valley. The road into the subdivision is not a county plowed road during the winter and maintenance is minimal. Both forks of the Tule River meet at the bottom of Cedar Slope and there are Giant Sequoias there. Camp Nelson Trail passes through Cedar Slope.